Market Profile Trading A to Z
Glossary assembled by Andrew Hall, iTradePod. If you have any feedback or would like to see a term added or amended please leave a comment below or contact us.
KRAs - Key Reference Areas. These are pivotal areas that are indentified from the Market Profile® graphic or TPO Chart. Successful traders pay careful attention to KRA during the trade selection process as they help identify high probabilty setups and secure optimum trade location. KRAs include:
- pIBH - prior Opening Balance High established by the prior day’s upper extreme price activity within the first 60 minutes (first two 30 minute candles) of the RTH session.
- pIBL - prior Opening Balance Low established by the prior day’s lower extreme price activity within the first 60 minutes (first two 30 minute candles) of the RTH session.
- pPOC - Point of Control established by the prior day’s mean price activity.
- pVAH - Value Area High established by the prior day’s upper extreme price activity.
- pVAL - Value Area Low established by the prior day’s lower extreme price activity.
- pOpen - prior day’s RTH session opening price.
- pHoD - prior day’s extreme High established during RTH session market.
- pLoD - prior day’s extreme Low established during RTH session market.
- pClose - prior day’s RTH session market closing price.
- VPOC - see Virgin POC.
- Fibonacci Ratios - see Fibonacci Ratios.
The above list of KRAs is by no means complete. There are of course nuances in the skill of identifying certain KRAs.
blog comments powered by Disqus
- FREE Resources
All our registered clients are given exclusive access to download the powerful Market Matrix software that we talk about in our Hedge Fund Mindset Workshop. Clients can also download our Pro Trading Journal that our own traders use for detailed logging of trades.
- Massive Discounts
We have partnered with some of the major players in the trading industry and so we are delighted to offer our registered clients significant discounts on trading related products and services.
- Daily Analysis
Our clients have access to Market Data containing Market Profile® Trading KRAs for low risk and high probability trade location entries.
- Registration is quick and FREE.